Part 1 - During December, I learned how to snowboard well enough to (mostly) keep up with my buddies over the big New Year's trip to ID. I went down all the runs - blue, blacks, double blacks - and only occasionally whined and didn't cause any major bodily injuries to myself (or others).
But what are the other parts?
Well, I just bought a piece of equipment for Part 3 today. Part 3 is racing BoarderCross (SBX). Behold, full downhill body armor...

Yeah, there's a spine protector and everything. Wow.
And of course I had to get a full face helmet to go along with it as well...

So Part 2 is to keep on riding the board and getting better at jumps, etc in order to do well (or hopefully at least not horrible) in my first SBX race on Feb 3. I figure I've got about 8 more days on the snow before that date. Heh, heh, heh...

2 comments:
Nice! You may be the fastest man from initial-strap-on to SBX in the history of the sport! Mucha: The Natural...
I really like the vid of you trying to walk down the icy, steep luge run after pizza night. Sweet tumble!
Initial strap-on of the board was Dec 3. That makes exactly 2 months from 1st lesson to 1st race. Wow, that's 'agressive' (dumb) - especially since I'm no 'natural' when it comes to *anything* with balance...
Post a Comment