Wednesday, May 02, 2007

james brown *is* the 8th wonder of the world.
 
 
so i was just in a really pissed off mood.  pretty annoying work day.  left late so i wasn't going to be able to get 3 hours in on the bike - only 2.  whatever.  anyway, start riding and i'm pretty much just stewing for a good half hour.  was listening to gnarls barkley and that ran out, so i decided to put on the jb.  jb starts playing, but it's not doing much.  please please please.  yeah, please don't.  it's a man's world.  yeah, and it sucks.
 
and then my teammate nick and his wife lisa drive right by me, hoot and holler that they're glad to see me on the bike and at that exact moment, get up - like a sex machine comes on and i've got to say, i totally got up.  followed immediately by i got you - i feel good.  and i felt good.  what can i say?  teammates and james brown - totally appointed.
 
 
i'm a sex machine...  hah!

1 comment:

Snizow said...

Dude, phat! He truly was the 8th wonder. Funny you mention it. Last night, as I drove around at prolly the same time you were riding, I was listening to a mix CD. The hip-hop just wasn't doing it, so I pused "forward, forward," came to "Sex Machine" and just stayed there. It was so tight I just had to listen twice. That song truly does groove you into a better mood! Remember hearing the gravelly voiced guy in Brittain jamming to that? And the JB look-alike boomboxing to "I feel Good" on North Ave.? So sweet.