So my car last night decided it was time to take a break.
Or maybe just break.
I had just picked up sean at his place in northpark to get down to the bad religion concert downtown and was not more than 2 and a half blocks down the street when the transmission completely seized up, leaving about 3 car lengths (maybe 4 car lengths in mini distance) of rubber on the road. No anti lock brakes, cause the brakes weren’t stopping the car – it was totally the tranny refusing to turn. Yeah, no good to say the least. Couldn’t even roll the car in neutral – the front wheel drive was just locked – so I called triple A right away and got a tow… 2 and a half blocks back to my friend’s house to his driveway. Didn’t have time to tow it back to OB or we’d miss the show! Anyway, now I’ve got to get this thing fixed, and I’m pretty sure it’s not just the clutch, so $$$ here we come. Not sure whether to take it to a mini dealer or try to find a reputable shop. Pretty lucky though, cause we totally could have gotten rear-ended when the car screeched to a halt. Doubly lucky that it didn’t happen on the highway that I was traveling on at 70 miles/hour just before I got to sean’s…
Look close and you can see the skid marks.


3 comments:
Glad you guys are ok... You know you were going faster than 70 on the freeway! :)
So, which bike are you riding to work these days? Or are you getting a rental?
riding the bus to work - just a 20 minute ride
Post a Comment